I buy my organic raw almonds from Bremnar Farms Roadside Stand online: Bremnar Farms
- 4 cups filtered water
- 1 cup raw almonds which have been soaked overnight and rinsed
- Optional: 1-3 medjool dates, 1 tsp vanilla extract, dash of himalayan sea salt
- Soak almonds overnight.
- Rinse almonds to get rid of residual soaking water.
- Add almonds and filtered water to a blender, and blend on high until completely smooth (I use my VitaMix).
- To strain the pulp out you have a few options, you can use a nut milk bag, cheesecloth or a cheap paint strainer bag. I use a cheap paint strainer bag! You can find them in the paint aisle at Home Depot and usually they come 3-4 to a package and they are CHEAP and hold up well!
- Strain blended mixture through your choice of paint strainer bag, nut milk bag or cheesecloth into a bowl or jar. I usually put my bag into a small pitcher, secure the bag over the top (it has elastic) and pour the blended mixture into the bag.
- Strain the milk through the bag by gently squeezing the mixture in the nut milk bag with your hands (wash them first, duh!) until there is no more liquid left, just almond pulp.
You can also modify this and use organic hemp seeds! Those don't have to be soaked overnight, but I do suggest keeping hemp seeds in the refrigerator.