Amazon.com

Monday, September 2, 2013

What do I typically eat in a day?

Someone once asked my what a typical day of eating looks like from me. It was someone who was not plant based and having a hard time figuring out what I would eat. So I figured that during the month of September I would post what I eat several times during this month. 

Sunday, Sept. 1: 

I did a long run this morning so I wanted a little bit more than just my big bowl of oatmeal after I got back from my run. Before my run I had half a large banana...gotta fuel! 

Breakfast - Tofu scramble with black beans, red potatoes, kale, red onions, salsa (ended up with leftovers remaining)

Snack - Apple with a TBS of natural organic peanut butter (just peanuts, no added oils or preservatives)

Lunch - Big mixed green salad with cucumber, tomatoes, carrots and my vegan oil-free Caesar dressing. Toasted a whole wheat lavash wrap from Trader Joe's and sopped up the left over dressing with it! I LOVE this dressing. The whole wheat lavash wraps from TJs are vegan and also oil-free. 

Afternoon snack - Almond milk latte (home made) and a TBS of vegan chocolate chips (I needed a little chocolate fix).

Dinner - Leftover tofu scramble - I decided to have my leftovers from this morning, but I wanted to mix it up a bit so I made brown gravy, whole wheat drop biscuits and a cucumber salad from my home-grown green and lemon cucumbers. I never liked gravy when I was younger. Heck, I would probably only put two drops on mashed potatoes during Thanksgiving dinner. But the brown gravy from Happy Herbivore ROCKS! It's in Happy Herbivore CookbookI drizzled the gravy over my tofu scramble and then used it for my biscuits also. 

Dessert - Had my leftover half banana which I had cut up and frozen and drizzled one tablespoon of melted chocolate chips over it. 

A good day of yummy plant based goodness. 

No comments: