Amazon.com

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Yum, just yum...

Just had an amazing dinner (if I do say so myself!) 

Baked Cheezy Spicy Cauliflower 
Quinoa Falafel with Tahini Avocado Dressing (I didn't have Vegg so I used ground flax/water for the egg substitute - need to experiment with the right amount as they were a bit crumbly. I baked mine and left out any oils. The dressing was good, but I added more lime to mine.)
Green salad with cucumbers, tomato, red bell pepper, Caesar dressing

The cauliflower was seriously to die for. I almost at the entire thing! 

Baked Cheezy Spicy Cauliflower: 
Heat oven to 375
1 large head of cauliflower (wash and cut into bite size pieces)

In a ziploc bag add the following spices: 

5 TBS Nutritional Yeast
4 tsp chili powder
2 tsp cumin
1 tsp smoked paprika
1 tsp South African Smoke Seasoning Blend (Trader Joes' comes in a grinder) 
 - ingredients of smoke blend: paprika flakes, sea salt, garlic, basil
1 TBS sesame seeds
1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
pinch of cayenne pepper

Shake up the seasonings in the ziploc bag, add the freshly washed cauliflower and shake away. 

Put coated cauliflower on a cookie sheet and bake until tender, about 30 minutes. Delicious! 


No comments: